One of the challenges facing both students and instructors is keeping track of all of the Assignments and Events planned throughout the term. Instructors are teaching multiple Courses and Students are learning in multiple Courses. Every Course has its own timeline for when things need to be done. The Calendar helps everyone stay on schedule and up to date.
Helpful tips about the Calendar:
- The Calendar is used for reminding students of Assignments with specific due dates. To provide students with details of how class time will be used, consider using Pages or customizing the Course Home Page.
- The Calendar automatically syncs with other features in Curve, such as Assignments, Syllabus, and Grades, so if you create, change, or delete the due date of an Assignment on the Calendar, it will show up in all the others and vice versa. You can change dates easily by dragging and dropping assignments from one date to another.
- The Calendar in Curve is a global feature, meaning you can see all of your assignments from all of your courses in one place. If your Calendar becomes too crowded, you can filter the number of events listed on your Calendar by selecting or deselecting Courses in the Sidebar.
- The Calendar is designed to display up to 10 calendars at any given time. To help manage user Calendars, Courses customized in the Courses drop-down menu as a favorite Course will always be listed at the top of the user’s calendar list in the calendar sidebar.
When would I use the Calendar as an instructor?
As an instructor, use the Calendar to:
- View and create activities in your course as well as events and personal reminders; you can also filter the Calendar view to only see Calendars of certain Courses.
- Quickly add Assignmentsto a blank course. Fill in the details of those Assignments later
- Adjust the dates of Assignments that have been imported from previous terms. Curve makes it easy to drag and drop events across multiple months.
- Schedule appointments with students using the Scheduler(optional feature).