Assignments include Quizzes, graded Discussions, and online submissions (i.e. files, images, text, URLs, etc.). Assignments in Curve can be used to challenge students' understanding and help assess competency by using a variety of media. The Assignments page will show your students all of the Assignments that will be expected of them and how many points each is worth.
Assignments can be assigned to everyone in the course or differentiated by section or user.
When would I use Assignments?
Assignments can be used to:
- Assess how well students are achieving course Outcomes
- Set up online submissions that can be quickly graded in the Grade
- Grade online as well as student work submitted "on-paper"
- Create differentiated assignments for sections * Set up peer reviews
- Grade Discussions, either by the whole class or student groups
- Open Quizzes for a limited amount of time
- Record attendance
- Create ungraded activities that align with course Outcomes
- Assess submissions with moderated grading and multiple reviewers
Where do Assignments appear in Curve?
Assignments primarily appear on the Assignments page, which you can reach by clicking the navigation panel (three blue bars) in the top-left corner of any page.
Any Assignment you create and publish on the Assignments page will automatically show up in the Grades, Calendar, and Syllabus features so students can view them. The reverse is also true: Any Assignments you create in the Calendar will automatically show up in the Grades, Assignments, and Syllabus features.
You can also organize assignments by placing them in Modules.