Groups are like a smaller version of your course and are used as a collaborative tool where students can work together on group projects and assignments.
Within each group, students can create pages, announcements, collaborations, discussions, and calendar events in real time.
When Should I Use Groups?
As an instructor, create groups to:
- Set up student group configurations at the course level for assignments and in-class work, both graded and ungraded.
- Facilitate semester-long projects so that students can communicate and iterate on documents together.
- Facilitate faculty professional development and institutional committees or activities.
- Facilitate student-run study groups within courses or at the account level.
Instructor Groups Management View
Within Groups, Instructors can:
- View all activitywithin all the groups in each course, including groups created by students as noted in the instructor's Student Groups tab (by default students will be allowed to create their own groups as noted in the Course Details tab)
- View all created groupswithin the course
- Create a new group setand create subgroups automatically or manually
- Clone group sets
- Assign students to subgroups automaticallyor manually
- Assign group leadersto each group
- Allow students to sign up for their own groups
- Expand and collapsesubgroups
- Move studentsinto different subgroups
- Create group collaborations
- Edit or deletegroup sets
Student Groups Management View
Within groups, students can:
- View the groups list
- View the groups they are enrolled in
- Joina student group
- Createa student group
- Store and share Files
- Start a Discussion
- Send a message