Administrators can post a message to all the users of an account using an account's Global Announcement feature. Global Announcements are used at the account level and are seen by all users within the account, unless you select a specific type of user(s). Remember, use these sparingly and these announcements are only used by the top-level account admins.
Global Announcements allows you to contact users within an account using one message. For example, if there will be a time period of updating or downtime for the account, you may want to let the users know ahead of time so they can plan accordingly.
- Announcements is a global feature only and can't be used at the sub-account level.
- Global announcements do not appear with course announcements.
- The Theme Editorprimary color is associated with information, question, and calendar notifications. However, warning and error colors cannot be changed.
Select the Managed Account in the Courses & Groups drop-down menu.
With a Group selected, click the Settings link in the Navigation menu.
Find Announcements Tab
Click the Announcements tab.
Add a New Announcement
To create a new Announcement, click the Add Announcement button.
Add Announcement Details
Fill out the fields for the announcement:
- Type the subject of the announcement in the subject field.
- Set the start date of the announcement by clicking the Calendar
- Set the end date of the announcement by clicking the Calendar
- Set the icon type (warning, error, information, question, calendar) from the drop-down menu.
- Confirm that you know the announcement could appear to all Curve users.
- Select which user types should see the announcement. If none are selected, the announcement will appear for everyone.
- Type the announcement in the message box.