Curve provides an integrated system for class discussions, allowing both instructors and students to start and contribute to as many discussion topics as desired. Discussions can also be created as an assignment for grading purposes (and seamlessly integrated with the Curve Gradebook), or simply serve as a forum for topical and current events. Discussions can also be created within student groups.
- Help students start thinking about an upcoming Assignment or class discussion.
- Follow-up on a conversation or questions that began in a face-to-face classroom.
- Test student comprehension of important points made in class.
- Debate contradictory ideas.
- Brainstorm different approaches to a class problem.
How Do I Access Discussions?
Discussions are accessed within the Discussions link in the Course Navigation.
How are Discussions Organized?
The Discussions Index Page is organized into three main areas: Discussions, Pinned Discussions, and Closed for Comments Discussions.
How do I use Discussions?
Within Discussions you can:
- Create, edit, and deletediscussion topics. You can also reply to individual student discussion posts.
- Subscribeto a discussion and be notified of replies.
- Subscribe to podcast feedswithin discussions.
- Embed or attach files, images, and YouTube videos.
Note: Your instructor may have some of these options disabled in your course.