You can create new discussions in your course.
Note: If the Add Discussion button does not appear, your instructor has restricted this setting in your course. However, this setting does not affect discussions in course groups.
In Course Navigation, click the Discussions link.
Click the Add Discussion button.
Create your discussion by utilizing the following options:
- Enter your topic title in the topic title field.
- Use the Rich Content Editor to format your content.
- Attach a file to your discussion. (Note: If the attachment option does not appear, your instructor has restricted this setting. Depending on your browser you may also see "Browse" instead of "Choose File".)
- Create a threaded replies by clicking the Allow threaded replies
- Require users to post to the discussion before viewing other replies by clicking the Users must post before seeing replies
- Allow users to like discussion posts by clicking the Allow liking
- Set specific dates the discussion can be viewed. Select the date you want the discussion to be show in the Available Fromfield and the date the discussion should be hidden in the Until If you do not enter any dates, the discussion will be show during the entire duration of the course.
To save your Discussion as a draft, click the Save button. If you are done making changes and would like to publish your Discussion, instead click the Save and Publish button.