You can make your quiz available to all your students before or after the due date by setting availability dates.
Note: If you are looking to change quiz dates for individual students, you may want to create a new section in your course for those students, add the section to the quiz, and modify availability dates for that section.
Quizzes have an auto-submit feature tied to the Until (lock) date, which may affect student submissions. Common quiz scenarios and date results include the following:
- No dates: quiz is never marked late and auto-submitted at course conclude (see course settings)
- Due date only:quiz is marked late at Due date and auto-submitted at course conclude (see course settings)
- Due date with Until date:quiz is marked late at Due date and auto-submitted at Until date
- Time limit: quiz is auto-submitted when time expires
- Time limit with Until date:quiz is auto-submitted when time expires unless the Until date expires first
Note: The auto-submit feature only applies when students are actively taking a quiz.
When students view a quiz, they are able to see the details of the quiz. Quiz details do not show due and availability dates in relation to the current time. However, within the quiz, Curve notifies students regarding any upcoming quiz deadlines:
- For quizzes with a Due date, the browser displays a notification banner to let students know when the quiz will be marked late (30 minutes prior, 5 minutes prior, and 1 minute prior).
- For quizzes that are close to auto-submitting (using an Until date or the natural course conclude date), the browser displays a notification banner to let students know when the quiz will auto-submit (30 minutes prior, 5 minutes prior, 1 minute prior, and 10 seconds prior).
- For timed quizzes, the browser displays a notification banner if students are not able to complete the quiz in the full allotted time period. The quiz sidebar also displays a timer indicating how many minutes remain to complete the quiz. For example, if a 60-minute quiz has an Until date of 11:59 pm and a student begins the quiz at 11:30 pm, the student will only have 30 minutes to complete the quiz.
For more details about how students view and take quizzes, view the How do I take a Quiz lesson in the Curve Student Guide.
In Course Navigation, click the Quizzes link.
If you are creating a new quiz, click the Add Quiz button.
If you are editing the settings of an existing quiz, click the Settings button of the quiz you wish to edit, then click the Edit button.
View Availability Dates
At the bottom of the Quiz Options screen, view the availability date options for your quiz:
- Available From: the date and time when the Assignments will become available to students. If no time is set, this date defaults to 12:00 am for the course time zone.
- Until: the date and time when students can no longer access the assignment. If no time is set, this date defaults to 11:59 pm for the course time zone.
When the assignment is published, blank availability date fields allow the assignment to be viewed throughout the entire course.
Set Availability Date
To set an Availability date, click the calendar icon for either field . Select the date and then time  that the quiz will open.
Click the Save button.
Note: If you edited an existing quiz, any saved changes will automatically be updated.