When you add requirements to a module, students must complete all requirements within one module before moving to the next module. You can require students to complete all requirements in the module, or have them choose one item to fulfill a specific requirement. Note that you cannot add requirements until you have added items to the module.
You can choose to allow students to complete requirements in any order, or you can require them to move through the module sequentially, in a specific order. If you have multiple iterations of a module item, you can set different requirements for each item.
Module requirements are displayed in the order that they exist as module items. You may need to reorder module items so that the requirements are set correctly.
Depending on the module item type, requirements include up to five options:
- View the item: Students must view the item.
- Mark as done: Students must mark the module item as done before they can progress to the next item.
- Contribute to the page: Students must post a reply to the discussion topic or contribute content to a page (for pages, make sure students are allowed to edit pages in the course).
- Submit the assignment:Students must submit the assignment, graded discussion, or quiz.
- Score at least: Students must meet a minimum submission score. With this option, an additional field appears where you can enter the minimum score that students must earn.
You can also set up prerequisite modules and require students to complete each module in order.
Note: If you choose to set the requirement type as completing only one option, and you want to use it with graded items, please note that all assignments with their current grades are reflected in the Gradebook. For instance, if you want a module to require a student to submit one of three assignments, the two assignments that aren’t submitted still factor into the Gradebook as unsubmitted. You may choose to manually configure the unsubmitted assignments appropriately, either by using the differentiated assignments feature or excusing the assignments in the Gradebook.
In Course Navigation, click the Modules link.
Locate the name of the module and click the Settings icon . Select the Edit link .
Click the Add Requirement link.
Set Item Requirements
In the first drop-down menu, select an item to be a requirement for the module . For the module item, click what the requirement will be in the second drop-down menu .
To remove a requirement, click the Remove icon .
To add additional requirements, click the Add Requirement button .
Note: If you have multiple iterations of a module item, you can set different requirements for each item.
Require Sequential Order
If you want to require students to complete each module item in order, click the Students must move through requirements in sequential order checkbox.
Click the Update Module button.